Terms and Conditions
1. Period of Hire. Letting commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 11am on the day of departure, though it may be possible to arrange earlier entry and later departure times by arrangement. The flat is let for holiday purposes only, and only to the persons named and agreed.
2. Booking and payment. A firm booking is accepted following payment of a 20% deposit. The balance shall be payable 4 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Our preferred method of payment is bank transfer, but other optional methods of payment are debit card, bank transfer, or cheque. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners, the Hirer is responsible for the full hire charge.
3. Cancellation. Should a cancellation be made by the client, the Hirer will forfeit the 20% deposit. In the event of cancellation, the Owners will seek to re-let the property. If successful, the Owners will refund all monies paid, less the 20% deposit. If the Owners are unsuccessful in re-letting the property, the following charges will apply:
a. Cancellation more than 4 weeks before commencement of the Hire Period – full refund, less the 20% deposit.
b. Cancellation 2-4 weeks before commencement of the Hire Period - refund of 50% of monies paid, less the 20% deposit, or a fee of 50% of the Hire Cost, in the event that the balance has not yet been paid.
c. Cancellation 1-2 weeks before commencement of the Hire Period – refund of 25% of monies paid, less the 20% deposit, or a fee of 75% of the Hire Cost, if the balance has not yet been paid.
d. Cancellation within 7days of the commencement of the Hire Period – no refund, or a fee of 100% of the outstanding balance if it has not yet been paid.
In the event that the flat cannot be made available for the period booked, due to events beyond the control of the Owners, and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the Hire Charge, including deposit, will be refunded, and the Hirer will have no further claim against the Owners. The Owners will, however, endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation.
4. Services. Use of electricity, oil and gas are included in the tariff costs.
5. Number of persons using the property. The number of persons occupying the property shall not exceed the number stated at the time of booking. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
6. Complaints. Should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please notify the Owners immediately, either by telephone or email.
7. Breakages or Damage. Breakages or damage that should occur during your stay must be notified to the Owners. Replacement items will be charged at cost price only.
8. Care of property. The hirer is responsible for the flat during the hire period and shall take reasonable and proper care of it, its furniture and fittings. The flat should be left in the same clean condition at the end of the letting period as the Hirer found it at the beginning. If dishes are left unwashed, bins unemptied, and floors and surfaces strewn with rubbish, an excessive cleaning charge of £50 may be levied.
9. Pets. Regretfully we are unable to accommodate pets.
10. Smoking. Smoking is not permitted within the property.
11. Right of entry. The owners reserve the right to enter the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any repairs or maintenance that may be necessary. Due warning shall be given before any such entry.
12. Liability. The use of the property and its equipment is at the Hirer’s own risk. The owners shall have no liability for any personal injuries sustained during the hire period, either by the Hirer or a member of his or her party, nor for any injury, loss or damage to their personal possessions
13. Contract. The contract of hire is between the Hirer of the flat and its Owners.
Please note, that all weekend stays of 2 nights are subject to a £25 per night surcharge. This does not apply to week day stays, or stays of more than 3 nights.